Football season, also known as snack season, means finger food is the name of the game! Break away from the classics (not to say we don’t love them) and get your hands on our finger lickin' good Buffalo Popcorn Shrimp recipe.
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 ounce of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 30 frozen medium shrimp - thawed, shelled, and deveined
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
- ¼ cup of chopped parsley for garnish
What You’ll Need:
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium size mixing bowl add the hot sauce and stir in the lemon juice. Once it is well-mixed set aside for later.
- In a second mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, ground pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne together in a bowl.
- In a third mixing bowl, whisk eggs and milk together.
- Remove any excess water from the shrimp by patting them dry with paper towels and dip each shrimp in the egg and milk mixture, gently shaking off any excess wash. Then, toss the shrimp in the flour mixture to evenly coat. Transfer prepared shrimp to a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper until you are ready to fry. Sprinkle additional flour as needed to fully cover the shrimp.
- Once the oil is ready, cook 8 to 10 shrimp at a time until it has a golden brown exterior, about 5 minutes. Transfer to another baking sheet lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil. Continue frying the remaining shrimp.
- Once all of the shrimp has been fried, toss the fried shrimp in the hot sauce mixture, evenly coating the shrimp.