This sensationally light yet filling avocado strawberry quinoa salad is a summertime favorite! Packed with delicious ingredients, this colorful side dish or entree makes both a taste and a visual statement. Quickly put this salad together to bring to a party or serve it at your own barbecue as a healthy appetizer alternative. The blend of fruits, avocados, and the health-beneficial quinoa gives this sweet salad a permanent place on your table. Just remember, avocados do not fare well for long, so slice and serve right before eating.
Avocado Strawberry Quinoa Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Yields: 2-4 Servings
For the Salad
- 1 large avocado halved, seeded, peeled, and sliced
- 2 cups of washed, hulled, sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup of sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2/3 cup of cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1/4 cup of chopped almonds
- 5 ounces of spring mix washed and dried
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of white sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon mustard, poppy seeds, onion powder, and white sugar in a glass jar with a lid. Ensure the lid is sealed and shake until mixed well. Try a little to see if additional seasoning is needed, and if necessary add salt and pepper.
Fill a medium size serving bowl with the spring mix and then toss in the remaining ingredients. Drizzle the lemon poppy salad dressing on top and toss again to ensure the salad mixture has an even coating of the salad dressing. Serve and enjoy!