Summer calls for bites that are as satisfying as they are nourishing. Ones that tickle our tastebuds while providing the nutrients and energy we need to fuel longer days and memorable nights.
Cue one of my simple dinner party and weeknight meal-friendly duos: lemon herb salmon and asparagus with parmesan.
Salmon? Its taste is full and generous, contrasted perfectly by the light drizzle of lemon juice. It’s also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which most of us need more of.
Then, the asparagus. A flavor-rich, textured side replacement for starch that’s rich in glutathione (a compound that helps get rid of carcinogens and free radicals in the body), vitamins A, C, and K, more.
With that, here’s how to prepare lemon herb salmon and asparagus with parmesan!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: About 20 minutes
- Four 4-6 ounce salmon fillets (opt for wild caught)
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt to taste
- Parmesan to taste (a yummy “extra,” not a dietary staple)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SALMON AND ASPARAGUS
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Spread tin foil on one of the baking trays/sheets and place salmon on the tray.
- Stir 1 tablespoon olive oil and dill in the small bowl. Use the pastry brush to coat the salmon on all sides with the mixture.
- Halve the lemon and squeeze onto the fillets to taste.
- Sprinkle coarse salt on the fillets.
- Wash the asparagus and dry it thoroughly. To get rid of the dry, rough ends of the asparagus spears, hold each spear on both ends and snap it, throwing away the ends.
- Place tin foil on the second tray.
- Drizzle the asparagus with the remaining olive oil as well as salt and pepper to taste. Toss so it’s fully coated.
- Stick both the salmon and asparagus in the oven. Bake the salmon for 10-12 minutes. Salmon is done when you poke it with a fork and it flakes. Bake the asparagus for 12-15 minutes, or to desired level of tenderness.
- Right before serving, sprinkle the Parmesan cheese to taste on the asparagus.
For more delicious recipes, sign up on our email list to receive the Scoop!