Reminiscing our #FrozenFriday days, we simply had to celebrate National Coffee Ice cream day! Using these three simple ingredients that are easy to find at any supermarket, you can have homemade coffee ice cream in a matter of a few short hours; 4-6 to be exact. This recipe is perfect for when you have a few ounces of coffee left in the coffee pot, so don’t throw it out! Let it cool down and use it to make some delicious, creamy coffee ice cream.
Our 3 ingredient ice cream is a great basis for making different flavours of ice cream for when you are not in the mood for that caffeinated buzz. Swap out the coffee for quality vanilla extract, peanut butter or check out Buzzfeed’s 17 Delicious Ice Creams That You Can Make at Home for some inspiration.
- 2 cups of cold heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 3-4 tablespoons of chilled coffee (brew in advanced)
- Pour the cold heavy whipping cream into a mixing bowl and use a hand mixer, or if you to whip the cream until it has a stiff consistency, about 6 to 7 minutes. Once you see some peaks, you’ll know it is ready. Be sure not to over whip otherwise the cream will start to separate and it cannot be used for this recipe.
- Gently add the condensed milk and coffee to the whipped heavy cream and fold the ingredients together using a spatula. Take your time so that you don’t mess with the consistency. **For an added zing, add a shot of espresso into the mix giving the ice cream a stronger coffee flavour.
- Once it is well mixed, either use a freezer friendly container or a loaf pan to store the ice cream in the freezer. Use a spatula to spread the mixture and to smooth out the top.
- Place it in the freezer for at least 4-6 hours. For effortless serving, warm the head of an ice cream scoop with hot water then scoop out the perfect ball of homemade coffee ice cream.